Monday, June 23, 2014

A long sigh... did you lose me?

Hey, I am innocence. Did you lose me?

You chose shrewdness over me. A very shrewd decision. Isn't it?

You don't want to be cheated. Isn't it? It's ok to lose the natural human connections.

You don't want to be left behind. Isn't it? It's ok if you chose the wrong ladder.

You don't want to be wrong. Isn't it? It's ok if there is no joy in being right.

You want to read everything, lest you may remain ignorant on an aspect. Isn't it? It's ok if you miss the connection with what is being said.

You want to go to places to tell the world that you have seen it all. Isn't it? It's ok if your heart didn't swell with joy.

You want to make the most intelligent comment. Isn't it? It's ok if the soul in you sinks on hurting another.

You want to make the riches. Isn't it? It's ok if your soul starves.

You want to make a name in the world. Isn't it? It's ok if you forget who you were.

You want to be famous and known. Isn't it? It's ok if you remain unknown to yourself.

Lastly, you go out and search for joy and peace outside because that is where your chosen companion works. Isn't it? It's ok if you miss the ocean of peace and joy within.

Look at me. Ain't I cute? I am, for sure, vulnerable, tender, sensitive and unprotected. But ain't I beautiful? Won't the world be beautiful if you could look through my eyes?

Then, what are you waiting for? Embrace me for I am your real self. I am vulnerable and unprotected but for a reason: I don't need to be protected. I am all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment